Helwig Carbon Products, Inc. offers a unique site survey service called a "brush survey" which can help make brush identification and purchasing a lot easier.
How It Works
Helwig service reps will review all the applications in your plant that use carbon brushes then match the correct brush size & grade, the proper spring clip, and the proper brush holder for each motor or slip ring application. Site survey allows for the easy identification and the correct replacement component for each motor or slip ring. Full name plate and brush specifications are recorded. Recommendations are made by the Helwig technical staff to help maximize brush life and equipment performance.
All information is listed in a reference book or database with unique "reorder part numbers" (i.e. stores or bin number for each brush and corresponding application). Copies of the "survey book" are distributed to the appropriate maintenance and purchasing people. Helwig Carbon and their service rep will also have a copy. All that is required to order brushes is a reorder part number and book number. Reorder part numbers can be stamped on the carbon brush.
Brush Survey Advantages
- Facilitates a consistent, easy method for ordering brushes
- Helps identify similar items which allows for more economical purchasing and reduced inventories
- Improves brush life and equipment performance by reviewing the unique aspects and conditions of each individual application
- Special knowledge of this technical product is not required to place orders
- Creates a common reference point for trouble shooting problems
Contact Helwig direct or contact your local sales and service rep about the Helwig carbon brush surveys.